TENG Theng Dar, Chairman
After graduating from School of Commerce, Waseda University in spring 1979, Mr. Teng Theng Dar joined Kao Corporation, Japan and was tasked by the Company to coordinate regional product development and marketing strategy for the SE Asia markets. He remained with the Company until 1992 and thereafter he served as CEO/MD of various listed companies in Australia and Singapore. In years 2008 -2011, he was CEO of Singapore Business Federation, years 2003 – 2011 Member of APEC Business Advisory Council. (Note: APEC Chair 2009, APEC Singapore Year). He also served as member of various international and bilateral business councils, charity organizations as well as multiple Singapore Government policy feedback committees. Currently, he is serving as
- Chairman, barterfli Holdings Pte Ltd (e-commerce engine for business exchange platforms for EU,ASEAN+3)
- Chairman, Visionedge Pte Ltd (Low carbon technology marketplace exchange)
- Chairman, MoolahSense Private Limited (Peer to peer crowd-lending platform)
- Chairman, Xpert Bees Pte Ltd (Corporate services and advisory)
- Chairman, GAC Ventures Pte Ltd (Growth Accelerator Centers)
Mr. Teng’s other current key appointments include:
- Singapore's non resident ambassador to Oman
- Advisor, SE Asia Region, External Relations Promotion, Shizuoka Prefecture Government, Japan
- Industry Specialist, JETRO Singapore
Patron, Wisdom & Heritage Limited (NPO)
He is also a member of Advisory Board, Singapore National Youth Achievement Award (NYAA); Steering Committee member, ASEAN-Japan Business Meeting Group（経済同友会）and a life member of Japan University Graduates Association Singapore (JUGAS).
Patrick CHAN, Founding Managing Director
Mr. Patrick Chan is Founding Managing Director of both GAC Ventures and VISIONEdge Technologies, an IAIR Awards 2014 winner for “Best Company for Sustainability – Cleantech Southeast Asia”. He is the project director and team leader assisting ADB currently in its roll out of a Low Carbon Technology Marketplace across Asia Pacific, and also GGGI project for a pre-feasibility study of a waste-to-energy plant in Ulaanbaatar for the Government of Mongolia.
Patrick is a Certified Green Productivity Consultant and Trainer by Asian Productivity Organization (APO) and a Practising Management Consultant (PMC) and PMC (Bilingual Chinese) accredited by Singapore Business Advisors & Consultants Council (SBACC), an accredited trainer under the Workforce Development Agency (WDA)’s WSQ Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), and an adviser of Australia Cleantek Market and China LSC Capital. He was a lead trainer for the National Environment Agency (NEA) Environment Champion training for Corporates, NGOs and Schools and also for Nanyang Polytechnic’s Innovation Bootcamp. Patrick is also a co-founder of Cleantech Marketplace Forum, a not-for-profit platform facilitating the matching of cleantech companies with low carbon technologies, against projects, investment and financing in the region, and serves on the international advisory board of World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO) Green.
Patrick was formerly Director of Industry Development at Singapore Business Federation and Singapore Sustainability Alliance, and served as cluster manager for Singapore in International Cleantech Network. He had also done work for OECD in the area of green job skills development. Prior to this, Patrick was the Assistant General Manager at an investment and private equity firm and Co-Chairman of Start-up@Singapore, and held management positions at NUS Enterprise and KPMG Consulting.
GOH Chin Teck, Co-Founder
Veteran private equity investor and serial entrepreneur
Michael YIIN, Business Manager
Mr. Michael Yiin was formerly Chief Executive Officer of YP Technologies Limited where he created coatings for O&G pipeline. He is also a YIC 2013 Winner in Scotland and a Spirit of SIFE Award winner in Singapore. He is currently in charge of fund-raising and project management in GAC Ventures. His strong business network in EU and Asia enables the company to expand its operations in the Europe.
GAC mentors and business advisors
Mr. Dipal Chandra BARUA – International Advisor
- First Zayed Future Energy Prize Winner 2009
- Chairman & CEO, Bright Green Energy Foundation (BGEF)
- Advisor (PSAG), Green Climate Fund
- Global Ambassador, 100% RE
- President, Bangladesh Solar & Renewable Energy Association (BSREA)
- IPCC : Lead Author (Chapter 16, Cutting edge and financial issues)
- Councilor, World Future Council
- Founding Managing Director, Grameen Shakti, Bangladesh.
- Former Deputy Managing Director (DMD) & Co-Founder, Grameen Bank, Bangladesh
Dr. Eugene YUN – International Advisor
- Managing Director of P80 Group Foundation.
- Managing Partner and Co-Founder of Eos Investment Partners, a Seoul-based investment firm he co-founded, which specializes in cross-border investments with particular emphasis in climate finance and natural resources.
- Senior Strategic Advisor to the Asian Development Bank, and helped develop the Climate Public Private Partnership Fund
- Previously with Soros Fund Management, Deutsche Morgan Grenfell, Schroder Securities, Maeil Kyungje Shinmun, University of British Columbia and Ewha University.
- Ph.D. degree in economics from the University of Minnesota specializing in monetary and macroeconomic theory.
Mr Kelvin LEE – Technology Advisor
- Partner, LSC Capital Pte Ltd
- Senior Advisor, Shanghai LSC CPA Co. Ltd
- Senior Advantage, Vantage Capital
- Former Shareholder & Board of Director, Boardroom China Holdings Pte Ltd
- Former Group MD, LSC China Group
- Former ED, LSC Management Consultants Pte Ltd
- Former Honorary Auditor, Singapore Chamber of Commerce – Jiangsu Chapter
- Director of a few private companies based in China
Mr. TAN Kim Seng
- Co-Founder & Managing Director, 3V SourceOne Capital
- Former Treasurer, Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association
- Former ED, UOB Venture Management
- Former AVP, Commercial Banking, UOB
- Vice Chairman, Board, Hwa Chong International School